Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reading For Fun?!?!

When I graduated at the end of March, having "free" time until graduate school starts in mid-May made me feel like I had FOREVER to relax and enjoy not having the stress of assignments and exams in my mind 24-7. I convinced myself I would go to the library and get books that I wanted to read for fun, and that I would probably be hooked on a series or author by now. 

However, like most of my plans, this too has been altered by the busyness of scheduling for classes, taking out loans (aka: crying over how much my master's degree is going to cost :]), looking for a new job, looking for a new apartment, signing a lease, packing, re-packing, moving, working, and simply existing. 

I am proud to say I have read one book though. I really like the author as well, and I plan to read more of her books. (I'm just not sure when.) Her name is Nora Ephron, and the book I read is called " I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections". The style of the writing in this book is perfect for a short read. Each chapter is a different story from her life told in a super funny manner. I chose the book because I too, seem to remember nothing and that could be why this book struck home for me, but I really think it's funny and worth the time to read! 




Recommend other books/authors/series? Leave it as a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment