Friday, March 18, 2011

Graduation Cap Decorating

Sunday I will be graduating from one of the largest, (if not THE largest at the present time) universities in the U.S. At a graduation that big, looking unique in a cap and gown is important so that the friends&family who came to watch you can find you in basically an ant hill :) I decided to decorate my cap, and although it did not turn out exactly how I wanted it, I suppose it is still cute! Originally, I wanted to do the entire cap in rhinestones, with the OSU "O" in the middle of the cap, however my $8 budget didn't go very far in the rhinestone section at Michaels.

 This was step #1, just a piece of rough, black, glittery paper hot-glued to the cap. I should know when to leave well enough alone, because I actually like how it looked there better...

This is my finished product. I took red and silver (scarlet&grey) glitter glue and mixed it together then painted it on. (with my finger, HAHA kindergarden status!) Although it does not look as classy as Step #1, I'm hoping that from the audience, this thing can sparkle enough so that my friends&family know which little ant is me! :)

I thought I'd also share these pictures I found online. I love hello kitty, but did not think it was suitable for a college graduation.


- Kellie

4 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the glitter paper?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at Hobby Lobby I think! Or Michaels I forget :) I do know they are in the scrapbook isle!

      Delete
  2. How did you get the glitter paper to go around the center button where there is not a gap where you see the cap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylee,

      I just cut an X in the middle and pushed the button through. Once it was all the way through, I trimmed up the edges.

      Thanks!

      Delete